PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Blog Becoming a Book...?

I got bored and decided to search on google with the phrase "Blog" and came across millions of possible links. One that really caught my eye was titled: "8 Ideas to Turn Your Successful Blog into a Book", so naturally I clicked on it to see what it had to say. The blog post was written by Monica O'Brien on PersonalBrandingBlog.com. She states that "If you currently have a successful blog with a moderate fan base of subscribers, you might be considering the benefits of having a book to expand your personal brand.". I sat there and pondered this a few moments, I know my blog JUST started, but I do love to write never-the-less. I might consider taking my blog topic ideas and putting them in books, but that is only when I feel there are people who actually care what I have to say, and I mean a fair good amount, not just 3-7 people who happen to be friends, family, and maybe a couple other intrigued individuals.

I love the idea of converting a blog into a book now that I think about it, it really is no different then turning your diary into a book right? Anne Frank's Diary was turned into a widely read book, and is translated into 67 different languages. But then that's a real diary, you also see the books in diary format that are fiction, not real, just ideas drawn up by the author.

The ideas Monica provides for turning your Blog into a book are rather interesting, and they make sense. She posted this last month, July 1st, she gives you ideas for 3 different blog environments:
  1. General Blogs: Blogs about maybe animals, career advice, or mediums
  2. How-To subject Blogs: Blogs that show how to do certain things, like turning your blog into a book for example!
  3. Personal Blogs: Blogs that deal with issues in your life, pros, cons, general "normal" things.
She then lists possible ideas for these environments, the 8 different ideas. I may consider converting my blog ideas into a book while continue blogging, but that wont happen for a while if I do decide on it. That's all that was on my small little mind, thank you for visiting me My Little Cornerstone...

1 comment:

Kimi said...

I'm already doing this. :D That was the whole point of my blog. The name of my book really is The Diary of the Short, Fat Cyclops. lol

Blog Widget by LinkWithin